Every person has value and dignity, which comes directly from the creation of people in God's image.Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God's re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
- We accept and endorse the principals set out in 'Safeguarding in the Diocese of London'.
- We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children,
young people and adults at risk.
- We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those
working in both paid and voluntary positions with children or vulnerable adults at risk including the
use of Disclosure and Barring (DBS) disclosures and making appropriate referrals to the
Disclosure and Barring service.
- We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or adult at risk may have been
harmed, cooperating fully in any investigation.
- We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper
authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young
person or adult at risk.
Vicar: Jon Westall
Churchwarden: David Morgans
Churchwarden: James Riddiough
Safegaurding officer -
Our Safeguarding Officer is the first person to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or adult at risk. You can contact them on: 020 8896 2318.
Children's Champion -
The Children's Champion is here to be an advocate for all children in all areas of Parish Life, making sure their views are heard and their needs are though of. You can contact them on: 020 8204 6340.
Important phone numbers:
NSPCC 24 hour helpline: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111